Saturday, August 11, 2012

Finished a solid working week planning two presentations for our four days of in-service next week. I will present the work the team completed on the revised Careers curriculum and on Tuesday the AP will lead a Data Driven Dialogue that we worked on together. I am excited about the work we've done so far and I have high hopes for what these trainings bring about.
Working in teams will be a shift for me since I usually work on my own. This results in frustration for me since others misinterpret what I develop and we lose some of the effectiveness that will be generated by the rest of my team members. I believe that the Careers revisions will accomplish just that- I will have a team who share the same visiion for the curriculum and will help create lessons throughout the year.
Communicating with the principal can be challenging as well. Since we have fairly different learning styles, I have to be sure to pin her down and achieve clarity before I act on team decisions. I spent a good bit of time yesterday ensuring that she understood what I have planned and what I will require to be effective. We have this nailed down too.
So time to stop procrastinating about the weekend's work. Bricking in a deck in the back yard will provide a good bit of physical work and help to curb my enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment